Sunday

Listen to time




if you're going to read this, please play this while doing so.
this is not cryptic.
i dont have the mental capacity these days for punctuation or capitalization or trying to hide behind the evasive veil.

i listened to this song on my way to move my life to chicago knowing nothing but what i was leaving behind; my boyfriend, my family, my friendships (some which had lasted the length of my life thus far), all of my securities, and all my confidence that were encompassed in those things.
which thinking back on it was such a silly concept
but we do that.

we do.
and i cried throughout the entire drive

and i cried throughout the 2 hour wait in
the pouring rain amongst all of the other
freshman students who were moving in

and i cried throughout the entire process
of moving my belongings to the 24th floor
of that building on state street

and i cried every day in between my trips home
to revisit all i would allow myself to know

and i made friends and things got better
and days got happier
and i had a good time
and got by

and there was even a period of time where
i thought i was flourishing

and then i left and here i am and i still cry while listening to this song.